BASF Chemical Processor in Elyria, Ohio
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Our Elyria, OH manufacturing site is seeking candidates for the position of chemical processor. The chemical processor controls the variables of mixing and blending operations to produce intermediates and finished goods that are used throughout the industry.
This position is responsible for preventive maintenance of the equipment, preventing the loss of materials and products, and responsible for assuring that no environmental excursions occur on your process. This is a union position and the starting pay rate is $19.23 with increases every ninety days for the first two years. We provide a competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance for the employee and their dependents and a 401K plan with company matching.
· · Manufacturing products by following established manufacturing processes meeting all environmental, health and safety requirements including documentation and testing of intermediates and final products.
· · Operating fork lifts and various material handling systems.
· · Monitoring and operating computer systems, reading and evaluating instrumentation throughout the manufacturing processes ensuring production is maximized and waste is minimized.
· · Maintaining inventory (physically and through electronic systems).
· · Reading instrumentation and performing tests with regard to controlling process variables and performing quality control analysis during the manufacturing process.
· · Training will include learning, understanding and controlling the process variables to ensure product is made safely and correctly according to standard manufacturing orders.
· · Following safety policies and procedures and working a multiple shift schedule including opportunities for weekend and holiday overtime.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you @BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never top learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
High School Diploma or GED
1 year of manufacturing experience
- Experience in chemical processing and handling
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCP/OM-Production North America-63020737
Title: Chemical Processor
Requisition ID: 2000056