BASF Corporate Flight Department Senior Captain in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Senior Captain shall provide a safe, timely, secure, and effective business environment to meet the travel needs of BASF's key personnel throughout the NAFTA region (US, Canada, Mexico). The Senior Captain is responsible for meeting the highest standards of safety, efficiency, and comfort.
Corporate Flight Department Senior Captain (1802854) – Florham Park, NJ
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Applying your years of experience flying jet aircraft, and 5 years acting as a Captain, to be responsible for all aspects of domestic and international aircraft operations
· Ensure the welfare of all passengers aboard the aircraft.
· Attend training required by BASF and/or training required to maintain or improve FAA flight certifications and skill base as flight technology evolves.
· Continue professional training towards upgrading performance and abilities.
· Reside within reasonable commuting distance of the Morristown (NJ) Airport.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Must have FAA-issued Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with Multi-Engine and Instrument Ratings
· Falcon Aircraft flight experience - 2000EX EASy type rating preferred.
· Must have extensive international flying experience
· At least 5,000 Total Time flight hours; 3000 hours Pilot In Command (PIC) Multi-Engine Turbo Jet Aircraft; 300 flight hours within the last two years; and 500 hours of night flying.
· Must hold valid FAA First Class Medical Certificate with no waivers; U.S. Passport; and driver’s license.
· Knowledge of aircraft systems, ATC procedures, weather analysis, emergency procedures, and general airmanship skills.
· Computer skills necessary to operate flight planning programs, e-mail, and web-based applications.
· Readiness and availability to travel, subject to the schedule produced by management, which may include night and weekend flight service.
· Willingness to assume administrative duties that may include ordering supplies and catering, participating in monthly safety meetings, coordinating crew travel reservations, arranging DASSP and international trip details, and other duties as assigned (2 days per month).
· Ability to handle a variety of flight related tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with flexible scheduling, pre- and post-flight duties, and other aviation-related tasks.
This is an FAA safety sensitive position. A pre-employment drug test will be conducted for the presence of the following controlled substances: Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Amphetamines and Phencyclidine (PCP).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career
Job: GESE - General Services
Title: Corporate Flight Department Senior Captain
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1802854