BASF Executive Assistant in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Executive Assistant – Florham Park, NJ (1804707)
Under general supervision, performs executive assistant duties for the Audit Vice President and provides support to North American Internal Audit department staff located in Florham Park, New Jersey. Audit responsibilities include items such as distribution of audit reports, audit report follow-up, assisting on audits (travel at 25%), downloading of electronic data, and performance of basic tests on data, filing and maintaining department electronic databases. Overall, professional will be a partner in the success of the Global Corporate Audit department.
• Responsible for the final review and release of Audit Board Summary reports, which are distributed to the BASF SE, NAEC Boards and regional management. Maintains the department database on all report activity.
• Responsible for the North America Audit department’s audit report follow-up process. Creates and sends electronic follow-up report (FUR) to the auditee and works with management and Audit Managers on issues. Once report is closed, sends final report with FUR to COA (Germany) for global report closure.
• Assist as a Staff Auditor on five to seven audit engagements per year. Participate with the audit team in the planning, fieldwork and report development stages of the audit. Supervision to be provided by the applicable / responsible audit manager. Training to be acquired by attending external IIA courses on audit techniques. Travel requirement will be at 25% per year.
• Department move coordinator responsible for Florham Park and virtual office activity. Attends all required training and update meetings. Orders and tracks all equipment (i.e. PC and related equipment, Cell Phones, etc.).
• Maintains electronic files for the department including - shared directory files, Auto Audit data base, “tickler file”, Audit schedule (“Project”), Knowledge database, department work papers, etc.
• Assists on confidential Hotline special project reviews as needed. Works as part of the investigative team.
• Department Procurement Card user / holder. Responsible for the ordering of all department office supplies.
• HR Responsibilities: Schedules interviews for candidates, assists in integration, training and development of new and relocated personnel, serves as staff’s in-house liaison.
BASF Florham Park Site Safety Committee:
• Assist as part of the department Observe team. Organize all Internal Audit required quarterly department safety meetings. Perform all department work station safety reviews and maintain required supporting documentation.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You at BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you at BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• Must be proficient with multiple technological applications and be highly proficiency in word processing, spread sheets, databases and graphics packages.
• Analytical, time management and organizational abilities and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Must have an ability to work effectively in a team environment with the capability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
• Must be open to travel (25%).
• An understanding of audit and legal terminology is preferred.
• 2 years Administrative Support experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: ADSU - Admin. & Office Support
Organization: COA/N-Corporate Audit - Hub North America-60000055
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1804707