BASF Global Key Account Manager in Florham Park, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global Key Account Manager (1903942) – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF’s Care Chemicals division is the leading global supplier for cosmetics, detergents and cleaners. Together with our customers, we create innovative solutions to meet the current and future needs of society more sustainably in the personal care, home care and industrial and institutional cleaning industries as well as in agrochemical and technical applications. We contribute to the long-term success of our customers’ brands with a broad range of products and concepts via our global network of production and development sites.
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for developing/maintaining the global EM sales relationship with the largest innovation customers in the Crop Protection market. Your responsibilities will include coordination with the other regional key account managers within BASF to support all customer projects and activities. Additionally, you will be responsible as the regional key account manager for non-NA based key accounts. Success will be measured through increase of sales and profits via new product sales and development projects. Your ability to develop multi-level relationships with the customer, interface closely within the BASF organization and lead project teams across all regions will be key to your success in this role.
Travel for this role is estimated to be over 50% of the time, including international trips.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in a technical discipline (Science, Engineering) or Business Administration and your sales/marketing or business management experience with diverse customer relationships, you will develop and implement a strategic growth plan for the key account that results in a measurable increase of product sales for BASF.
· Demonstrating your strategic thinking capabilities and ability to develop and implement a strategic account growth plan which supports the overall business targets, you will serve as the direct contact to the global key account, facilitate the identification and support the achievement of growth opportunities at the customer.
· Your superior communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers, will serve you well as you establish relationships with all levels in the customer’s organization, especially central decision makers in global procurement and formulations.
· Your ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies will be essential as you understand the key account’s innovation needs and how BASF can fulfil those requirements. You will also continually refresh the understanding of what BASF can do to fill these needs.
· Utilizing your strong organizational skills, you will lead the coordination and tracking of all BASF efforts with the customer, including sales development, new business quotations and development projects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EMN/FA-Business Mgmt Agchem Additives-63000530
Title: Global Key Account Manager
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1903942
Other Locations: US-OH-Cincinnati, US-NC-Research Triangle Park, US-IL-Chicago, US-IN-Indianapolis