BASF Regional Account Manager, Personal Care Solutions – Remote (East Coast) in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Regional Account Manager, PersonalCare Solutions (1901296) – Remote (East Coast)
Where the Chemistry Happens
In the North American Care Chemicals Division, we develop, produce and market a comprehensive range of products for personal care, home care and industrial & institutional cleaning, agricultural chemical additives, as well as various technical applications. Our range of products fulfills the highest standards for safety and sustainability. As a result of focused research and development, we are a preferred partner of our customers worldwide.
Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
We are seeking a professional like you to join our Care Chemical division. In this role, you will be responsible for the North American business of multiple key accounts, with significant global account coordination and collaboration. You will be responsible for developing relationships and driving business performance across our Care Chemicals product portfolio of Actives, Emollients, Stabilizers, Polymers, UV Filters and many more.
If you have a passion for delivering on strategies that ensure customer success, we are looking for you, read on!
· Your commercial acumen, technical expertise and in-depth knowledge of the Personal Care market will be essential as you analyze trends to meet customer needs by leveraging the whole BASF portfolio.
· Using your proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate, you will utilize account management skills to penetrate targeted customers and promote Care Chemicals portfolio of solutions and products to meet the customers’ needs.
· Implementing agreed upon actions, you will drive above market growth by optimizing customer sales, and generating, maintaining and converting sales pipelines in an effective manner.
· Demonstrating managerial courage and your experience leading cross functional teams to achieve sales growth, you will lead cross functional teams to develop strategic approaches for key regional accounts that will show return above market growth.
· Your demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic account plans will be essential as you develop, implement, and execute a strategic account plan to drive growth with customers.
· Your strong organizational skills will serve you well as you utilize and manage available resources to work with customers for business development.
· Your excellent customer focus will be evident as you interface with technical and commercial representatives of the targeted customers and have frequent face-to-face interactions with customers (technical & commercial) to promote our offers and beat out competition.
· Relying on your superior communication and interpersonal skills, you will provide effective communication to Marketing, Technical, Supply Chain and Product Management to achieve sales targets.
· Leveraging your education (preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Sales, Marketing or a related Science &Technology field, combined with your sales/marketing, technical sales or business management experience with diverse customer relationships, you will determine customer needs (known and unmet) to offer the right solution from BASF and ahead of completion, retain and grow business with existing customers, and drive our business to exceed market growth rates.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EMN/PPS-RBM Home / Personal Care Ingredients NA-63020261
Title: Regional Account Manager, Personal Care Solutions – Remote (East Coast)
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1901296