BASF Asset and Reliability Manager, Petrochemicals – Freeport, TX in Freeport, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2018. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Asset and Reliability Manager, Petrochemicals – Freeport, TX (1900756)
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Asset and Reliability Manager will lead the development of asset management plans for the Freeport Industrial Petrochemicals Facilities. This includes strategies and actions to preserve and optimize infrastructure, ensure inspections are completed and acted upon, strategies and action plans for critical equipment and spare parts, and ownership and maintenance of reliability tools (critical equipment, roadmaps, etc.).
Formula for Success
• Leveraging your educational background in Engineering coupled with operations and maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment, you will generate a strategic reliability roadmap and assure execution and fulfillment in all Industrial Petrochemicals facilities in North America, inclusive of a 10-year strategy for all physical plant assets, including DCS, and considering total cost of ownership
• Tapping into your direct supervisory experience of exempt and non-exempt employees in a manufacturing environment, you will lead the Asset Management team in the development of asset management plans and programs
• You will lead Asset Engineers and partner with Cost Controllers to develop, track, forecast and manage the Maintenance and Non-Maintenance Budgets.
• You will drive EHS excellence and work to continuously improve reliability and maintenance systems (Preventive/Predictive/Criticality assessments) to improve reliability performance and reduce costs
• Your strong operational, business & financial acumen will serve you well as you create business cases to support investment projects, conduct financial and operational analysis to effect year over year improvement, create and align the 10-year capital spending strategy, and lead technology advances utilizing digitalization and automation
• You will consult with the turnaround manager on the requirements (cost, duration, schedule, scope) including capital and maintenance for planned and unplanned outages
• You will lead Reliability Engineers and Asset Engineers and Partner with the Maintenance manager, to define the turnaround interval and scoping strategy as well as the maintenance and reliability roadmap and asset target pictures, including digitalization roadmaps
• You will lead cultural change and cross site continuous improvement efforts to eliminate waste, reduce variability, and defects which will result in improved execution discipline by operations and maintenance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-CPN/O-Operations Industrial Petrochemicals-60000145
Title: Asset and Reliability Manager, Petrochemicals – Freeport, TX
Requisition ID: 1900756