BASF I&E Reliability Technician in Freeport, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
I&E Reliability Technician (1802420) – Freeport, TX
The I&E Reliability Technician is responsible for coordinating, leading, and executing condition monitoring of electrical equipment operating at or below 480V as an integral component of the overall reliability program for the site.
Responsible for the infrared and electrical grounding inspection schedule, data analysis, repair management, documentation control, and reporting of results.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and/or conduct infrared data collection and visual inspection on operating 480V and below electrical distribution equipment according to the Predictive Maintenance Schedule or Special Request.
• Coordinate and/or conduct grounding and bonding test data collection and visual inspection according to the Predictive Maintenance Schedule or Special Request.
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise, including coaching and mentoring of contractors, to ensure inspections, tests and reporting are in accordance with corporate, federal, state, and local inspection and testing requirements for infrared and grounding and bonding.
• Analyze data for both infrared and grounding, document results and enter notifications in CMMS(SAP) for recommended repairs. Report results to appropriate field personnel.
• Perform repairs on grounding and bonding problems that are considered simple fixes and coordinate vendor activities for larger scale grounding and bonding repairs.
• Verify effectiveness of infrared repairs by coordinating or conducting follow up infrared scans after repairs are made.
• Maintain and manage the infrared inspection database including inspection history, schedules, findings, recommendations, repairs, and follow up comments from the field.
• Maintain and manage the grounding and bonding test data including ground grid drawing updates, inspection history, schedules, findings, recommendations, repairs, and follow up comments from the field.
• Participate in root cause failure investigations and other problem solving activities.
• Manage maintenance of infrared camera and ground testing equipment including calibrations, software upgrades etc.
• Manage inventory of supplies and tools needed for minor grounding and bonding repairs.
• Identify opportunities for adding critical equipment to infrared routes.
• Make recommendations to keep up with industry best practices when equipment and processes become obsolete.
• Support engineers with review of technical procedures.
• Track and report cost avoidance associated with infrared repairs prior to catastrophic failure.
• Support capital projects, turnaround activities, and pre audit preparations.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
High school degree or GED
5 years’ experience as a first class crafts person in Chemical Plant maintenance
. Preferred Qualifications:
Strong troubleshooting capabilities required.
Strong leadership, communications, and human relations skills.
Demonstrated performance as a team player and high motivation.
Demonstrated ability to solve basic mathematical problems, reading comprehension, and mechanical aptitude.
Highly disciplined to do steady work and meeting schedule (including overtime and callout).
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain TWIC certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America
Title: I&E Reliability Technician
Requisition ID: 1802420