BASF Lab Technician in Freeport, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Lab Technician (1904081) – Freeport, TX
This is a position for a SAP Process Laboratory Technician to support the SAP Business Unit Process Laboratory at the Freeport Site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the area chemist and lab manager to carry out lab scale polymerization experiments.
• Following established quality, safety and environmental procedures and policies.
• Operating lab instruments and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Maintaining lab equipment, ensuring adequate lab supply inventories, conducting instrument calibrations/checks, etc.
• Maintaining work area in a safe, clean, and organized manner.
• Authoring and/or updating procedures.
• Working with various global SAP functions within the R&D community to fulfill experiment/sample requirements.
• Contribute ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and team.
• Maintain procedures and documentation, and represent the process lab during safety and quality audits.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
• The position requires an associate degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience.
• Mechanical skills or experience with operation/maintenance of complex or heavy laboratory equipment.
• Two-year technical degree
• Experience in a R&D lab or pilot plant environment
• Experience with polymer chemistry
• Strong problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work with a diverse team including lab analysts, production, and R&D to ensure the best overall result for BASF.
• Self-driven with high degree of initiative and time management skills.
• Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be highly organized, flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a regular basis.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-CPE/NP-Kneader Process Lab-63023534
Title: Lab Technician
Requisition ID: 1904081