BASF Learning and Development Coordinator in Freeport, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Learning and Development Coordinator – 1802728 - Freeport, TX
This role serves as the training expert within the Freeport site Utilities and Waste Water Treatment Plant to promote professional and specific training and standards to establish a high-performance culture. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of all training curriculum including specific processes, procedures, technical skills, safety refresher training, process safety training/procedures, and/or new employee qualification training. The Coordinator will ensure professional team development training and technical training is completed to promote effectiveness, consistency, and continuous improvement in a cost-effective manner. This includes collaborating with external resources to analyze needs, design, develop, and implement training, and measure effectiveness of training programs. He/she will coordinate training across the site and be responsible for the maintenance and audit of all training documents and records.
Additionally, this role serves as the key expert in procedure maintenance, updates, and development within the unit or department to specific safety, operational, quality related tasks, and responsibilities while aligning with standards, regulations, and policies. This includes establishing relationships on the job trainers within each of the unit’s shift, subject matter experts, procedure reviewers, training reviewers, operations engineers, managers/supervisors, environmental, health, and safety staff and Corporate learning and development peers.
This role will be integrated into daily operational processes, including safety improvements, projects, management of change, quality management, ISO certification, and other associated system management and functional processes. Specifically, the Learning and Development Coordinator will work with unit personnel at all levels to develop, update, and standardize accurate and clear procedures, work instructions/check sheets, and production documents within the training program. This role also includes participation on the site safety team.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
All positions at Freeport, TX require all candidates to either possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
· High school degree or GED.
· 3 years’ experience in a Chemical Plant.
· Strong troubleshooting capabilities required.
· Strong leadership, communications, and human relations skills.
· Demonstrated performance as a team player and high motivation.
· Demonstrated ability to solve basic mathematical problems, reading comprehension,
and mechanical aptitude.
· Highly disciplined to do steady work and meeting schedule (including overtime and callout).
· Successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain TWIC certification.
· Leveraging your education and extensive experience with documentation, you will update and maintain the Process Safety Management system and control all documents within the system.
· With your solid understanding of audit procedures, you will be a key member of our RC Audit and will gather audit questions from the team.
· With your solid understanding of ISO and quality control procedures, you will facilitate the ISO and quality audit certification for the unit
· You will use your ability to interpret information, pursue data gaps, and present data in various forms to train all new BASF employees in the site utilities and waste water treatment plant and ensure the content is understood
· Excellent written, oral, and communication skills and adept at building relationships with multiple internal and external functions/resources at all levels.
· Your strong attention to detail will help you track all training initiatives to ensure compliance standards are met.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: NCF Freeport Site 60000025
Title: Learning and Development Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1802728