BASF Production Shift Supervisor in Freeport, Texas
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Shift Supervisor – (1901622) Freeport, TX
The Shift Supervisor, reporting to the Production Execution Manager, supervises the work activities of shift Production Technicians. The primary focus of the Shift Supervisor is to lead the shift team to maintain a safe, compliant, and reliable plant that delivers the needs of the business.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead Shift worker activities in observance of safe work practices, environmental compliance, quality assurance, production targets, and housekeeping
· Lead, support, and participate in the MOC process
· Support and participate in the incident investigation process
· Direct the activities of shift workers in the event of incidents or plant emergencies
· Serve as incident commander as required
· Direct equipment and process adjustments as needed based on key unit performance indicators
· Ensure procedure usage and support procedure updates
· Provide regular feedback and annual performance evaluations to shift team employees as part of the Performance Management process
· Provide input to strategic support team for plant ideas and improvements
· Lead and Participate in reliability reviews and root cause failure analysis
· Lead and Participate in hands on training and assessments of shift workers
· Identify gaps and provide input to the learning and development teams for specific shift developmental needs
· Drive completion of tasks as assigned to shift workers
· Support continuous improvement activities
· Provide continuous plant performance management to ensure that plant optimization targets are being met
· Ensure equipment preparation and readiness for maintenance
· Perform production technician duties as needed on shift
· Maintain necessary training and qualifications
· Leads and participates in unit production and safety meetings
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for safe and reliable operations in support of EHS, Production, and Maintenance activities that occur on shift by providing leadership to personnel, by optimizing production and processes, and providing performance management to develop a high-performance team.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Operations of a Chemical Plant and Plant Operations
• Strong leadership skills required to direct technicians to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost-effective manner.
• Strong coaching skills required to develop Production Technician’s understanding of the chemical plant operation and to grow their understanding of technical and business issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with all levels of the organization, including contractors and vendors.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CIN/O-Operations Intermediates-63021701
Title: Production Shift Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1901622