BASF Sr. Production Technician - Ammonia in Freeport, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sr. Production Technician (1802338) – Freeport, TX
The Senior Production Technician is responsible for conducting daily activities related to plant operations. This includes monitoring and controlling site wide utility distribution systems, site wastewater system, site steam system, boilers, cogen unit operation, deionized water, river water and firewater systems, potable water systems, and other auxiliaries (nitrogen, methane, instrument air and caustic distribution systems.)
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Inside and outside operation of a chemical manufacturing unit including manual work with potentially hazardous materials, at high elevations, in confined spaces, and outdoors in all types of weather
• Assuring standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high-performance team-based organization
• Perform Work Permitting process and prepare equipment for daily maintenance activities
• Train new employees on unit activities.
• Participate on special projects as assigned.
• Utilizing Microsoft Office software, Process Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and other computer software
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Successful candidate must be able to pass the BASF pre-employment test.
• Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift (4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
• Results oriented, dependable, and safety conscious.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 years of operations experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
• 2 Year Technical Degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
• SAP enterprise resource planning software experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CMN Monomers North America 63007051
Title: Sr. Production Technician - Ammonia
Requisition ID: 1802338