BASF Corrosion Protection Engineer in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Corrosion Protection Engineer (1901839)– Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide corrosion protection engineering support throughout the site, via several programs that are currently in place, or are in various stages of development. You will be responsible for collaboration with Production, Maintenance, and Asset personnel and for providing services related to design review, repair and maintenance, including predictive/preventative maintenance activities. Additionally, you will provide technical support to equipment inspection and design, troubleshooting of problems, and monitoring fixed equipment and piping PM and PdM programs. Finally, you will ensure a culture of continuous improvement employing LEAN Manufacturing tools.
This is an excellent opportunity to provide technical support for site coating and fireproofing related questions and apply your general knowledge of corrosion under insulation (CUI) damage mechanism and inspection techniques. NACE CIP Level 1 or 2 certification and knowledge of SAP are advantageous for this role.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline combined with your experience in corrosion engineering, materials engineering, fixed equipment (piping, pressure vessels, atmospheric storage tanks) maintenance and reliability (or design), or other corrosion related field, you will enhance the site’s corrosion mitigation (painting and fireproofing) program by integrating a structured approach and current technologies for prioritized assessment and repairs.
· Utilizing your working knowledge of coating (paint) selection, surface preparation, and application and inspection techniques, you will see linkages between the technical solutions and business issues and create economic models for optimizing coating programs.
· Your exceptional technical aptitude and strong interpersonal skills will serve you well as you provide technical knowledge and expertise to site personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable BASF procedures and inspection and repair codes. Additionally, you will use these skills to direct contract personnel in the completion of coating inspection and QA of repairs.
· Your general knowledge of mechanical equipment design and understanding of maintenance and reliability activities associated with fixed equipment and piping will be essential as you support the reliability processes to drive improvements, optimize costs, and improve overall asset effectiveness.
· Demonstrating your basic understanding of cathodic protection systems and oversight of periodic cathodic protection surveys in line with NACE standard practices, you will maintain the site’s cathodic protection program through periodic field surveys and identification and execution of corrective actions.
· Exercising your demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with facts and figures, you will develop and report metrics associated with strategic programs, such as corrosion mitigation and cathodic protection.
· Applying your working knowledge of insulation materials, including insulating coatings and fireproofing, and the advantages/disadvantages of each, you will prioritize coating and fireproofing activities for the site, including budget development and cost tracking.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires allcandidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC(Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S.Department of Homeland Security.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-FTN/OG-GEIS Engineering-63021406
Title: Corrosion Protection Engineer
Requisition ID: 1901839