BASF Feedstock Economist in Houston, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Feedstock Economist (1900785)– Houston, TX
Where the ChemistryHappens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for providing economic evaluation for Cracker Feedstocks and Condensates (Splitter Feedstock) – purchases, evaluation of new Feedstocks and Condensates that become available, and shall be under the direction of the BASF Total Petrochemicals (BTP) LLC Representative (BTP Business Director). In this role, you will also be responsible for running the global and site linear program for the purposes of determining the optimum feed slate for the BTP, communicating Feedstock values to the LLC Representative and Trader(s) for the purposes of making purchase and sales decisions and determining the optimum operating mode for the Site.
This position is located within the Total Petrochemical and Refining USA, Inc. offices and is part of the BASF TOTAL Petrochemicals LLC (BTP). You will work closely with BTP Operations, Planning and Business Groups, as well as Total’s Refining, Marine Scheduling, Operations, Supply Chain and Base Chemicals groups.
· Leveraging your education in Engineering/ Chemical Engineering and your experience working in refining and/or petrochemical complex optimization in a manufacturing environment, you will perform economic evaluation of feedstocks as described in the LLC agreements.
· Utilizing your knowledge of the petroleum refining and petrochemicals markets and operations, you will report economic evaluations and make recommendations to the LLC Representative and Trader(s) for the purpose of making Feedstock purchase decisions.
· Demonstrating your economic modeling and mathematical skills, you will determine optimum operating mode for the Site in the Supply Plan period.
· Your linear programming skills are essential as you will maintain yield data in the LP.
· Your robust analytical and reporting abilities will serve you well as you manage the price database and report performance of Condensate Splitter based on replacement cost economics.
CreateYour Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ASPC - Audit, Strategic Planning, Consulting
Organization: N-CPN/BB-Business Management Cracker Products-60000543
Title: Feedstock Economist
Requisition ID: 1900785