BASF Lab Technician II, Technical Service Oilfield - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Lab Technician II, Technical Service Oilfield (2002712) – Houston, TX
The primary responsibility of the laboratory technician position is to perform application testing in the laboratory for products within the biocides, FR and standard ingredients business line and to identify the right BASF chemistry for customer specific needs. The position will primarily support technology projects in the area of Friction Reducers. The laboratory technician will report to the Lab Manager for the Friction Reducer business line. The highly self-paced and motivated person will provide hands-on laboratory help to solve customer problems and generate innovative technical solutions that support current business and generate new business growth opportunities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Incorporates safe work procedures in all aspects of the job while maintaining a safe work environment in the laboratory (e.g. Drafting procedures for running and maintaining equipment per HSE standards)
· Practical execution in the laboratory as well as work with junior team members when training needs arise.
· Support of customers doing formulation work to meet key performance criteria for oilfield related inquiries
· Familiarity with application testing and ability to conduct laboratory investigations to assess physical properties, performance in oilfield applications and chemical properties.
· Help ensure quality by addressing issues of product nonconformance in a timely manner
· Generate/plan test matrix, conduct tests, analyze and interpret data, provide conclusions and recommendations
· Capable of working independently and in a team. This would include but is not limited to executing independent analysis of test results and documentation, planning of additional subsequent tests necessary to solve application technology requests, engaging with peers of non-technical backgrounds, and presenting results or lessons learned through internal or external communications (e.g. presentations or publications).
· Successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and timelines
· Assist in building, installing, and maintaining specialized equipment designated for oilfield applications (e.g. Swagelok tubing and fittings, ISCO pumps, fluid accumulators, pressure vessels, relief devices, vacuum pumps, etc).
· May be required to present results of work during internal and external meetings
· May be required to travel to support customers in the field as necessary
· Bachelors of Science Degree in a related scientific discipline (e.g. Engineering, Chemistry, Physics)
· Minimum of 2-3 years laboratory experience with operation and maintenance of complex or heavy laboratory equipment
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other Physical Science
· Previous internship experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-EVG/GB-Stimulation Lab-63026779
Title: Lab Technician II, Technical Service Oilfield - Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 2002712