BASF Project Quality Management Coordinator in Houston, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Project Quality Management Coordinator – Houston (1803757)
The Corporate Engineering Services Department executes large capital investment projects throughout North America. The Project Quality Management Coordinator will serve as the process owner for Project Quality Management within capital projects. The successful candidate for this position must be a results-oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization.
S/He must be able to evaluate engineering packages and project execution plans for quality and completeness, and to think strategically to solve problems and increase value. The successful candidate will:
• Serve as process owner (methods, tools, documentation & improvement support) for Project Quality Management within capital projects. Ensuring transparency and availability of the processes, rules, procedures and guidelines.
• Perform project quality reviews prior to sanction according to BASF guidelines and procedures
• Provide guidance to project teams on how to improve project scope definition and planning readiness.
• Initiate, lead, and support continuous improvement projects which includes the development of methods, tools, and processes to improve quality and project management performance
• Interface with engineering and operations to provide technical support and recommendations on methods and improvements to minimize problems
• Mentor and coach early in career engineers
Formula for Success
Driving critical decisions for the business, you will support the strategic plan of BASF by leading and managing the Quality Management function to support capital projects. Specifically, you will perform quality reviews of project for new chemical plants and major expansions of existing plants within North America.
Your experience with the execution of large capital projects will be vital as you provide technical expertise to the North America Project Management Technical Rules Committee, Technical Network and other global Engineering and Maintenance Working Groups. Successfully engaging across the business, you will set and achieve regional continuous improvements targets for the function, including creating and enhancing processes and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness for the Quality Management function.
As Summary Expert, you will provide guidance to project teams on how to improve their project scope definition and planning readiness.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-FTN/E-Large Capital Projects & Turnaround Mana-60000140
Title: Project Quality Management Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1803757