BASF Customer Care Expeditor in Huntsville, Alabama
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Customer Care Expeditor – Huntsville, AL (1804445)
As a member of the Customer Care team, the Customer Care Expeditor will be responsible for expediting shipments through the order to cash process.
The ideal candidate is a growth-oriented person, who works with a business owners attitude. He/she has an analytical mindset and can creatively provide solutions in complex situations. He/she brings energy and a positive attitude to the workplace and is curious with a strong desire to learn. Mathematics and analytical analysis come naturally to this individual whose passionate pursuit of excellence defies the status quo. This person is solution & detail oriented, is autonomous, yet can take direction well, and is comfortable in a rapid-pace environment.
You are the primary interface with Customer Care, Supply Chain, and Operations and will manage the flow of production in the order to cash process. You will work closely with the Operations team and Supply Chain to support adherence to shipment schedules.
Primary functions include:
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Expeditor is responsible for expediting orders and products, providing internal/external customer support with the goal of improving customer satisfaction, increasing on time deliveries. This will be accomplished by analyzing and monitoring open orders requirements for delivery issues to support customer requirements, to improve delivery and to avoid potential and critical shipment delays.
This position also performs proactive expediting duties.
• Expedite orders to ensure on time delivery
• Coordinate delivery of expedited shipments as needed with CSR's, warehouse, and operations
• Communicate with all relevant parties in the order to cash process
• Communicate and escalate critical delivery issues to management
• Analyze and monitor open orders requirements daily for delivery issues to support customer requirements, to improve on time delivery, and avoid critical shipment delays
• Communicate expedite information to customer care
• Create and send out weekly open order/expedite reports.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• Minimum completion of 2-year undergraduate degree
• Must be a detail-oriented self-starter
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strongly Proficient in MS Excel and Word
• Ability to work independently or within a team
• 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Customer Care, or Operations
• Working knowledge of SAP and Supply Chain Management concepts such as MRP, demand planning and forecasting processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: G-FSO/NCC-Customer Care Hub Charlotte-60001518
Title: Customer Care Expeditor
Requisition ID: 1804445