BASF Finisher in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
At the BASF Huntsville Site, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Finishers support the catalyst production process by screening, packaging, palletizing and labeling in-process and completed catalytic products following standard operating procedures, work instructions and customer quality specifications.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Finisher Automotive -Chemical Coating-Light Duty (2101241) - Huntsville, AL
• Follow all work instructions on each job task which operator as received proper training.
• Promote a clean, safe, and productive work environment.
• Properly identify, segregate and store all rework material.
• Screen, pack and label completed parts following customer specification and requirements.
• Understand customer specifications by using specifications database.
• Contribute to maintaining scrap levels at or below established goals.
• Complete all documentation associated with job assignments.
• Participate in process continuous improvement efforts.
• Notify Team Leader of excess scrap.
• Perform all duties in compliance with safety standards and specifications.
• Operate all equipment in a manner that complies with all safety procedures.
• Report any unsafe conditions to Team Leader.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2 years experience operating machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
• Increased ability to trouble shoot the assigned process
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/PN-GBU Environmental Technologies-63026625
Requisition ID: 2101241