BASF Heavy Duty Screener in Huntsville, Alabama
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Heavy Duty Screener – 1900235 – Huntsville, AL
Purpose of the Job
At the BASF Huntsville Site, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Screeners support the catalyst production process by screening, identifying, packaging, palletizing, labeling all products in order to meet conformance to customer specifications and any required further processing.
• Operate all equipment in a manner that complies with all safety procedures.
• Report any unsafe condition to leadership.
• Follow all work instructions on each job task which operator has received proper training.
• Promote a clean, safe, and productive work environment.
• Properly identify and segregate any rework material that is removed from the process.
• Properly identify and segregate scrap to prevent contamination.
• Screen and pack quality parts and ensure all customer specifications and requirements are met.
• Set up stamp and label machines properly for each lot.
• Understanding of various customer specifications by using specifications database.
• Contribute to maintain scrap at or less than company goal.
• Complete any paperwork requirements associated with job assignment.
• Support continuous improvement efforts within the plant.
• Close Lot packages and investigate count errors.
• Expert on all equipment in assigned area which may include frit blasters, production saws, etc.
• Disposition of parts/products in question.
• Relieve team members/finishers for breaks.
• Operate forklift as necessary.
• Able to cover any position on the pack line.
• Notify Team Leader of excess scrap.
• Monitor oven temperatures.
• Complete all systems transactions as required.
• Coordinate Finisher assignments as needed.
Work environment/Physical demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Screeners perform mostly repetitive tasks on articles passing along the production line.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel as well as to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is frequently required to walk.
• The Screener must constantly move parts weighing five pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The use of personal protection equipment is required including, safety glasses, safety shoes and gloves.
• May be required to work mandatory overtime
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 2 years work experience in a manufacturing plant
• Prefer some Math and Science education
• Ability to operate machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
• Increased ability to trouble shoot the assigned process
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/NPP-GBU Environmental Technologies-63020328
Title: Heavy Duty Screener
Requisition ID: 1900235