BASF Maintenance Tech I in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
At the BASF Huntsville Plant, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Our maintenance department plays a vital role in the success of our plant.
Maintenance / I&E Technician (2000468)- Huntsville, AL
• Troubleshooting and repair of electrical controls, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, PLC (Siemens and AB) and pneumatics on all site equipment.
• Provide technical support for all new equipment installations.
• Perform and insure Preventative Maintenance (PM's) are completed per schedule and that all plant lab and weighing systems are performing within the specifications of the process requirements.
• Gather and analyze technical data and recommend needed repairs or modifications on production equipment.
• Update all electrical / mechanical drawings for equipment modifications. (ie. red line drawings).
• Assist in the development of PM programs for all new equipment.
• Establish or modify work procedures including PM to meet the demands of the site.
• Make recommendations to improve maintenance and production operations.
• Create corrective work notifications in SAP for all production equipment.
Work environment/P hysical demands
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The use of personal protection equipment is required including, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and gloves.
• The use of respirators and splash protection may be required. Employees are required to be clean shaven.
This position will be required to work day or night shift (12s, 10s, and/or 8s) and will likely rotate through different shift schedules over time. Mandatory overtime and, at times, holiday coverage, may be required.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma/GED with 5 years I&E / Maintenance experience OR minimum Associate/Technical degree in a related Industrial Maintenance field with no experience
• Ability to operate, maintain and install complex equipment
• Position will require acquisition after employment of Confined Space Rescue Certification
• Experience with Basic PLC (Input/Output)
• Experience with 4-20 MA (Milliamp) Circuits with I-P
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Allen Bradley/Siemens Programmable Logic Controls/Drives (PLC's)
• Ability to calibrate equipment and maintain calibration
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/NPM-GBU Environmental Technologies-63022552
Title: Maintenance Tech I
Requisition ID: 2000468