BASF Manager, Engineering / Maintenance - Huntsville, AL in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Manager, Engineering / Maintenance– Huntsville, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Manager of Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance for our Huntsville, AL site. The Manager, Engineering and Maintenance will lead a team of approximately 75 employees and contractors in the repairs and maintenance of production equipment while driving maintenance efficiencies and maintaining safety standards. The manager will be responsible for the Maintenance budget for the site as well as planning and driving approved CapEx projects.
As Part of site leadership team this individual will drive overall EHS excellence, team development, operational excellence and community partnership. The manager will also be Responsible for key elements of the Launch Huntsville transformation project including maximizing asset effectiveness to achieve targeted technical availability, timely implementation of key projects, outage optimizations to drive machine availability and implementation of asset effectiveness programs.
Formula for Success
• Your unwavering commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you ensure the application of all safety rules, ensuring area Maintenance personnel are aware of and employing safe working practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors.
• Relying on your people leadership experience, you will lead assigned personnel of repairs and maintenance of production equipment, ensuring that all work is accomplished on a priority basis with timely, accurate and cost-efficient repairs. You will also prepare records, reports, failure analysis, and other documentation as required for management on equipment and maintenance operations.
• Your experience working in a manufacturing environment will aid you in ensuring adherence and sustainability of the maintenance execution processes within the area including notification, prioritization, planning, scheduling, execution, and feedback.
• Applying your technical knowledge, you will conduct performance management including KPIs, external benchmarks and alignment of best practices, be a champion for change with new processes/procedures and provide oversight of project engineering (project and process support) and project reporting.
• Your strong business acumen will be essential as you coordinate, plan and implement capital, as well, as expense projects plant wide according to approved scope, budge and schedule. Additionally, you will execute the capital plan – being the focal point for all capital within the area including resource planning and allocation.
• Leveraging your education in Engineering and your previous experience in a related role, you will lead the development of area goals by driving implementation, monitoring effectiveness and taking necessary actions to achieve committed results. You will drive maintenance efficiencies through effective work identification, planning and scheduling programs and establish a continuous improvement process utilizing plant KPIs to demonstrate annual asset reliability and cost improvements. Additionally, you will control maintenance costs through monitoring budget performance on general ledger accounts and provide input to designated managers for budget.
• Your mechanical aptitude will be critical as you ensure first-time repair quality in an accurate, efficient, and effective manner, as well as ensure that project activities are performed in compliance to corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrating your previous experience establishing or improving reliability maintenance in a manufacturing environment, you will coach area personnel, hold them accountable for delivery of results and support mutually agreed upon development needs. You will also conduct formal and informal training sessions with maintenance and production personnel on equipment, theory of operations maintenance repairs, conduct safety meetings and problem-solving sessions with assigned personnel.
• Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will recognize the need for and develop outside specialty services contractors, be responsible for contractor management and manage groundskeeping, janitorial and housekeeping services for the site. You will also coordinate with offsite engineering services both within BASF and external contractors, coordinate with the OpEx team in the development of the capital plan and prioritization, and work with the business unit to ensure the Capital plan strategy is executed.
• Thinking strategically, you will lead the development and implementation of maintenance strategies and implementation of reliability strategies consistent with area requirements as defined by Asset Strategies. You will also ensure predictive / preventive maintenance requirements necessary to support operations on a continuous basis through communication with maintenance mechanics, production personnel, and other site personnel.
• Utilizing your strong organizational ability, you will ensure proper documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and BASF requirements, and maintain current requirements as to equipment/materials specifications and vendor preferences. You will also use this skill as you review all POMs before final approval and perform technical reviews of all projects under threshold.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/PN-GBU Environmental Technologies-60000710
Title: Manager, Engineering / Maintenance - Huntsville, AL
Requisition ID: 2101180