BASF PSL Tech I in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
PSL Tech I – Huntsville, AL (2101299)
The PSL technician will support CCE business by manufacturing catalyst samples that will be shipped to our various customers. This will include production of catalytic slurry as well as coating of substrates with the catalytic slurry.
• Manufacture catalytic samples by following all required safety procedures and protocols. This includes good housekeeping and ownership of individual work areas.
• Setup and coating of catalyst samples under specified conditions in order to investigate design proposals for improving catalyst performance or to obtain data for development, standardization, and/or quality control.
• Utilize PSL slurry production and coating equipment including LD / HD semi-automated, coaters, dryers, continuous mills, mixers / dispersers, calciners, etc. Also, utilize laboratory equipment for various testing requirements.
• Complete documentation of in-process and final product data, precious metal control, and raw material / substrate inventory. This includes documentation of observations and identification of problems associated with new product formulations that could negatively impact product scale-up.
• Analyze test results in relation to specifications / objectives and adjust machine settings / procedures to meet specifications.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You at BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you at BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for In You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years manufacturing experience
• Must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate a high level of initiative including the ability to identify and initiate improvement projects and work on multiple tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to operate simple to complex machinery and interpret data / machine output.
• Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills. This includes spreadsheet and database programs, as well as web-based applications.
• Ability to lead and/or influence others. Must have strong customer focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/PNS-GBU Environmental Technologies-60002183
Title: PSL Tech I
Requisition ID: 2101299