BASF Supply Chain and Customer Service Manager - Huntsville, AL in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Supply Chain and Customer Service Manager (2000840) – Huntsville, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF Clean Air business produces a wide variety of specialty, custom catalyst for applications in Aerospace, Utility, Petrochemical and other industries. We source raw materials globally, based on highly specific technical and engineering specifications.
We are seeking a professional like you to ensure safe and compliant, on-time and on-quality production of all of products. You will also be responsible for continuous improvement and efficiency gains through Operational Excellence projects.
You will report directly to the General Manager of Clean Air business. You will also be a member of the Clean Air Leadership Team, as well as the Huntsville Site Leadership Team.
Although not required, proficiency in Data Analytics or Supply Chain modeling and/or experience and certification in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is advantageous in this role.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education (Supply Chain or Engineering preferred) and your experience in Supply Chain planning and management and/or Customer service functions, you will provide direct supervision over several Supply Chain Planners, in addition to hands on planning responsibilities. There will be heavy emphasis on process optimization to drive cost efficiency and delivery reliability in our supply chain.
· Utilizing your experience in a manufacturing environment, you will provide direct supervision to manage supplier performance in quality and in regulatory compliance (aerospace segment).
· Contributing your strong leadership abilities, you will provide direct supervision overall several Customer Care Representatives through continuous feedback, coaching, and development. You will also provide guidance on priority setting, urgent response, and other customer-centric mindset and behaviors to improve customer satisfaction.
· Using your solid computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, you will establish and track performance KPIs.
· Being team-oriented and capable of working in a multi-task environment, you will run the monthly S&OP process with Sales, Marketing, and Production to develop consensus plans and alignment.
· Your demonstrated ability to think strategically and think global optimization of processes will be essential as you develop and implement inventory strategy in accordance with business objectives.
· Your excellent interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, and project management skills will serve you well as you lead strategic initiatives based on business needs in a broad scope. This includes close collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Production, Product Management, and other stakeholders as you build and maintain strong relationships with key business leaders (internally) and customers (externally).
· Demonstrating your strong communication skills and ability to influence others, you will have responsibility in performance management and personnel development.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: G-CCN-Business Ventures-63000626
Title: Supply Chain and Customer Service Manager - Huntsville, AL
Requisition ID: 2001707