BASF Agronomic Area Sales Manager - Northern Illinois/Wisconsin(Remote) in Illinois
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Agronomic Area Sales Manager (2201244) – Northern Illinois/ Wisconsin
Where the Chemistry Happens…
You will be responsible for managing a team of Ag Solutions Advisors charged with driving accelerated sales growth of the portfolio of BASF seed, crop protection and seed treatment solutions to assigned growers. The team will be responsible for developing, cultivating and maintaining business relationships with top growers and working effectively with retail partners. In addition, the team will be accountable for managing the seed business at Retail.
Formula for Success
Develop and implement your regional seed sales plan.
Ensure Ag Solutions Advisors promote crop protection, seed and seed treatment solutions within the assigned area by calling on growers to communicate the value of BASF products, focusing on the benefits of using BASF products and services, in accordance with established policy of the company
Oversee development of a plan for the area that will achieve seed, crop protection and seed treatment sales at key growers and seed sales at Retail. As part of this plan, monitor progress, make adjustments as necessary and provide sales forecast for seed, crop protection and seed treatment with assigned Growers and for seed with assigned Retailers.
Align with Key customers in your geography as an additional point of influence at the grower / retail level – Have a direct relationship with top 20 influencers / customers in your geography
Align with your DM counterpart in planning and development of geographic sales plan / approach for Distribution, Retail and Grower engagement and Segmentation.
- Motivate, coach and recruit the best team to achieve the maximum ROI opportunity & professional development of the assigned team
- Lead the team through effective partnerships with tech service, area sales teams, retailers and channel partners to be the growers' innovation product expert
- Work with Ag Solutions Advisor Team, Marketing, Sales & Technical Service personnel to formulate an appropriate business plan to maximize sales at the most effective cost for resources employed
- Develop a value-based sales strategy for the assigned team of Ag Solutions Advisors to assist each customer based on their unique needs, interests and business goals and objectives resulting in a customized solution
- Represent the area of responsibility to develop business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers, including developing short and long-term action plans to anticipate and respond to market dynamics
- Actively monitor and report on competitive actions and promotions and identify solutions to overcome competitive actions
- Hold accountability for all seed-related communication to the districts (e.g., pricing, programs, supply updates, inventory management, seed calendar).
- Operate and promote the behaviors of working in a safe working environment
Ingredients for Success
- Utilize your Bachelor degree and 10 years overall experience. MS/MBA is a plus
- Leverage your 5 years selling/sales management within an Agricultural related field; i.e.: seed, chemical, equipment or crop consulting
- A track record of excellent leadership, people, and interaction skills as well as demonstrated good judgment
- History of success in achieving goals, identifying and overcoming obstacles and a solutions first mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates; Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel overnight/weekly, travel up to 65%
- Demonstrated ability to be developed within the organization, including relocating. Must live in the geography of Northern Illinois or Wisconsin to support the business.
As a leader for BASF, you will…
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN/AE-Bus Operations Sales-63024050
Title: Agronomic Area Sales Manager - Northern Illinois/Wisconsin(Remote)
Requisition ID: 2201244