BASF Application Engineer – Mobile Emissions (Iselin, NJ) in Iselin, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Application Engineer – Mobile Emissions (2000254) – Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical and engineering expertise in support of BASF’s Mobile Emission catalyst products, system technology designs, product demonstrations, and technology delivery.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline (Engineering or Science) and your experience in powertrain engineering, catalysis or component technical sales, you will you will act as the lead technical interface with OEM customers and provide product/system engineering service and support.
· Demonstrating your effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with key decision makers at BASF and customers, you will manage key technical programs/accounts including supplier competitions, new technology introductions, and technical troubleshooting.
· Applying your collaboration skills, you will work directly with Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Management teams to ensure efficient and robust “concept to customer” technology delivery.
· Your communications, presentation, influencing, and technical sales skills will serve you well as you work closely with sales and business teams to plan and execute technical selling strategies for business growth.
· Successfully engaging within the organization, you will work closely with BASF research and engine lab teams to demonstrate design concepts for catalyst technology for vehicle/engine applications for customer business competitions.
· Any experience you may have with emission system engineering and design will be a valued asset as you conduct catalyst and system modeling studies.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: G-CCE/NA-GBU Environmental Technologies-60000709
Title: Application Engineer – Mobile Emissions (Iselin, NJ)
Requisition ID: 2000254