BASF Chemist I - XRF in Iselin, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Chemist I - XRF (2002689) – Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
Our mission in Analytics and Materials Characterization is to partner with our researchers to increase knowledge. We accomplish this by providing high quality, reliable data and solutions. The Elemental Analysis lab is a high volume and fast paced group, providing accurate elemental analysis in reasonable time.
We are seeking a professional like you to provide partners with quantitative elemental information for submitted samples. Information produced is vital for BASF, helping researchers develop new and better materials, assisting manufacturing with quality control, supporting lawyers for intellectual property rights, and finding evidence as to the cause of product failures.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your background in Chemistry or a related scientific discipline combined with your work experience with X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF), Inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and/or atomic adsorption spectroscopy, you will analyze preparations via XRF, ICP-OES, ICP-MS and gravimetric methods.
· Your ability to thrive within a high-pressure, demanding environment will be a valued asset as you perform sample preparation procedures for all materials produced by R&D including battery materials, zeolites, and catalysts (automotive, environmental, chemical, and petroleum).
· Adhering to ISO9001 guidelines and ASI quality policy, you will maintain quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy and precision of reported data.
· Your demonstrated experience working with concentrated acids (HF, HClO4, HCl, NHO3, H2SO4) will assist in the development of new wet chemistry and instrument methods to match researchers’ needs.
· Your robust analytical and problem solving abilities will be critical as you Investigate non-conforming data and institute corrective actions.
· Demonstrating your effective written communication skills, you will report data to researchers through LIMS system. Additionally, you will prepare calibration standards and other working and reference solutions.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: RCC/OA-Analytics / Service Group-63024305
Title: Chemist I - XRF
Requisition ID: 2002689