BASF Compliance Manager - Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Compliance Manager (1804772) Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
Reporting to a senior lawyer on the BASF North American legal staff, we are seeking a professional like you to provide commodities market regulatory compliance oversight to the BASF metals trading business (“CCM”) in the United States and Japan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Make regular reports to management regarding new regulatory developments and the status of the Metals Trading Business’ Compliance programs.
· Act as CCM’s primary North American point of contact with the Global Coordinator, Commodities Market Regulations Compliance in Germany; Coordinate with other regional compliance professionals in Houston and London regarding regulatory issues that impact their respective businesses and regions;
· Monitor and keep the business advised of relevant developments in commodity markets regulations;
· Monitor changes to existing or new business practices and products to ensure that compliance guidance, training and oversight are adjusted accordingly;
· Oversee communications to ensure compliance with applicable market rules and regulations;
· Sample trading activities to ensure that execution, booking, reporting and record keeping are in accordance with the applicable regulations;
· Act as the key liaison with the CFTC and SROs and respond to CFTC and SRO correspondence and queries;
· Assist with the management of regulatory relationships, including visits, investigations, enquiries, and routine reporting;
· Identify regulatory compliance issues requiring the establishment of cross-functional teams (e.g. AML, tax, risk management and finance);
· Lead or support compliance related projects, including cross-functional teams, to ensure complete and efficient resolution of open issues;
· Provide proactive regulatory advice to business managers and support functions;
· Assist the business in complying with all relevant regulations and provide the necessary advice and guidance to help ensure that appropriate operating procedures and controls are in place;
· Update and maintain the list of authorized traders for BIT Corporation
· Work with the Regional Controller to develop and maintain Departmental policies and procedures, which are consistent with BASF Group’s global commodities market regulations compliance policies;
· Develop policies and procedures to support trading in CME contracts and financially settled and physical OTC trading activities;
· Ensure that CFTC and SRO mandated records are properly updated and maintained; and
· Provide compliance training on relevant regulations, BASF policies, procedures to meet the needs of CCM and BASF.
· 7 years of experience at the compliance function in a commodities trading firm, experience in a producer/consumer/manufacturer a plus;
· Proficiency in commodities trading and market regulations
· Familiarity with ISDAs and EFRPs;
· Specific experience with regulatory issues related to the CFTC, NFA, CEA, and the Dodd Frank Act (experience with MiFID II, MiFIR and the EU Benchmarking Regulation is a plus);
· Solid experience with the CME (experience with the LME and TOCOM is a plus);
· Strong communication skills (written and oral) are required;
· A commitment to client service in a fast-paced business environment;
· Demonstrated well-developed real-world business judgment;
· Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate and interact with all levels of personnel and management, including senior executives;
· Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders;
· A team-oriented, collaborative work style;
· Initiative and the ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· A desire to learn new and challenging areas of regulation; and
· The ability to manage a diverse workload and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: LEIN - Legal & Insurance
Organization: G-FLN/BC-Legal Commercial-60000233
Title: Compliance Manager - Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 1804772