BASF Global Continuous Improvement Manager - Chemical Catalysts - Iselin, NJ or Remote location in Iselin, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global Continuous Improvement Manager - Chemical Catalysts (2002615) – Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to serve as a key member of the Chemical catalyst operations group (G-CCP/OI) that drives a culture of sustainable continuous improvement activities. In this role, you will tactically support and globally align execution of both CapEx and OpEx activities, as well as prioritize and support execution of strategic measures identified during the asset target picture process. You will ensure adequate and consistent deployment of BASF’s continuous improvement process to improve the problem-solving capabilities of business unit employees and to deliver outcomes that eliminate waste, improve safety and compliance, reduce variation, create value for customers and enable profitable growth. Also, you will be a part of a larger community of people that are practicing and developing a state-of-the-art continuous improvement practice.
Global continuous improvement will collaborate with the sites and many different expert groups, to define and deploy the technical expertise required to achieve excellence in execution. You will work directly with the GBU community of site CI Leaders (10 people) to ensure the execution of OpEx roadmaps and ongoing CI activities. The CI Leader will lead complex improvement projects that have significant impact on the business.
The location of this position is flexible. The selected candidate could be based in the Iselin, NJ location, another BASF location, or in a home-based office. Final location would be determined by where the selected candidate is currently based. No relocation assistance is being offered for this position.
Formula for Success
· Your impactful leadership skills will be essential as you conduct global steering and prioritization of CapEx and OpEx activities. Additionally, you will help establish GBU budgets and manage the sites to those budgets.
· Applying your business acumen, you will develop transparency and improve documentation of both CapEx and OpEx activities and validate financial results.
· Leveraging your education in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and your professional experience from within a manufacturing/production environment, you will optimize production processes and drive EBIT improvement measures; ensure a full pipeline of future CI opportunities and prioritize those activities against resource availability; and coordinate the execution and tracking of autonomous improvement activities at various sites in the BU.
· Capitalizing on your Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement experience achievements, you will identify and help close identified gaps in order to meet customer demands. You will also trigger and prioritize measures as needed to mitigate the gaps and develop & champion continuous improvement processes to help optimize and support execution.
· Your robust analytical skills will aid you in providing input to the BU organization with regards to analyzing data and deriving/validating conclusions thereof. You will also champion the use of (new/advanced) data to improve speed and quality of decision making at the leadership team level.
· Your effective written and verbal communication skills in English and German will serve you well as you document and report the status of active and closed projects and achieved outcomes. You will also document and report training and certification KPI’s and program metrics.
· Demonstrating your strength in the deployment of Continuous Improvement tools, you will deliver replication of projects in other parts of the company. You will also actively promote lean six sigma via presentations to groups, newsletter articles and participation in workshop and conferences (internal and external).
· Working well in a team environment, you will support individual site needs as necessary.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You …
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCP/OI-Catalysts Technology-63026727
Title: Global Continuous Improvement Manager - Chemical Catalysts - Iselin, NJ or Remote location
Requisition ID: 2002615