BASF Global Quality Manager - Seneca, SC or Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global Quality Manager - (1900912)– Iselin, NJ or Seneca, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to assure CCM global compliance with Quality, OpEx, and RC management systems for Trading, Salt & Solutions and Refining businesses. You will ensure CCM/R sites and suppliers maintain ISO 9001/14001 certifications and RCMS compliance through system audits and reporting. You will lead reporting and best practice sharing of CCM/R’s OpEx projects. Additionally, you will be a member of the Global CCM/R Leadership Team and lead strategic projects for CCM, reporting out to the Director Manufacturing and Business VP with in the business.
Travel for this role will be 50% or more, including internationally to CCM/R manufacturing sites, customers and suppliers.
· Using your leadership experience, you will be the functional leader of CCM/R site Quality, Analytical Lab, and Continuous Improvement Managers, globally.
· Leveraging your education in a science related discipline and your experience in a related quality or technical role (Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt highly preferred), you will perform supplier, customer and internal quality audits in support of the business.
· Your experience leading and/or implementing quality systems (e.g. ISO 14001 and 9001) will be essential as you develop and maintain business level procedures and policies surrounding Quality and Continuous Improvements.
· Collaborating effectively with others, you will lead the global OpEx tracking and reporting for CCM/R, facilitate best-practice-sharing, and participate in the CCT/O OpEx community.
· Using your relevant experience in sampling and analytical methodologies, you will audit and monitor the performance of internal assay labs and devise, establish and record procedures, standards, controls and specifications as appropriate.
· Your strong analytical and statistical skills will serve you well as you audit, analyze, and report site sampling and assay data with performance against set standards.
· Demonstrating your strong project management skills, you will lead strategic projects for CCM that report out to the Director of Manufacturing and Business VP managers within the business.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: CCM/R-Refining Salts and Solutions-63007008
Title: Global Quality Manager - Seneca, SC or Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 1900912
Other Locations: US-SC-Seneca