BASF Internal Communications Manager - Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Manager, Internal Communications - Catalysts (1901518) - Iselin, NJ
The Internal Communications Manager develops and implements the division internal communications strategy and activities for BASF’s Catalysts (CC) division. The Manager also supports the development and implementation of Business Unit-specific internal messaging ensuring alignment with the divisional strategy. The manager will develop all internal communications ensuring alignment with Catalysts vision and consistency with BASF values and key messaging.
The North American Leadership Team has supported the implementation of “Impact Based Hiring”. This new approach to Talent Acquisition focuses on job outcomes and success factors rather than prescriptive requirements. When exploring opportunities with BASF, we encourage you to think about whether your abilities and experiences would enable you to succeed in the role and bring the impact and results the job requires. This more inclusive approach will enable us to continue to deliver on the promise of hiring and retaining the best team at BASF.
• Leveraging your education and your strong storytelling skills, you will create and execute a progressive internal communications program that will support the Catalysts culture and drive employee engagement.
• Utilizing your strategic skills, you will audit and assess current internal communication strategy and drive a progressive, digital approach that reflects our organization-wide priorities and helps advance the Catalysts culture.
• Leveraging your journalism, communication, media relations or related experience, you will lead the development and execution of digital internal communication tools and tactics for the division, such as online publications, newsletters, internal broadcasts, intranet, and digital signage.
• Developing and promoting best practices, branding guidelines and editorial policies for our global communicators around the world, you will ensure that there is a unified approach to communications within the global Catalysts division.
• Your organizational and influencing skills will be key to managing and producing employee meetings and broadcasts which will enable sustainable open communications between management. This will result in the development of impactful employee communications materials and messaging.
• Your ability to deliver strategic and tactical communications will keep colleagues engaged, empowered and well-informed about business unit and divisional strategies.
• Supporting communication activities with global communications team members, you will provide support to ensure alignment, message, and experience consistency.
• Your proven ability to work closely leaders (executive, business, or similar leaders) will ensure successful communication projects and strategies.
• Overseeing several vendors, you will ensure high-quality, cost-effective production of graphics, photography, publications, websites, videos, etc. This includes management of associated budgets and vendor relationships
• Your ability to monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications through digital analytics, surveys and other key performance indicators, will be key as you make data-driven recommendations.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job
Job: PRCO - Public Relations, Communication & Government Affairs
Organization: CC/K-Catalyst Communications-63020102
Title: Internal Communications Manager - Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 1901518