BASF Senior Technician in Iselin, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Senior Technician (2000904) – Iselin, NJ
We are searching for a professional like you to play a key role in the planning design and execution of research activities and experiments to accomplish project objectives. You will be relied on to provide knowledge and expertise in achieving research targets, interpreting results, and reporting them to key stakeholders.
Operating independently under limited supervision, the successful candidate will:
• Maintain a safe working environment by embracing Zero Incident Mindset and 5S concept.
• Work as part of the Team to complete complex tasks in a timely fashion, be a team player
• Prepare catalysts using impregnation, slurry preparation and coating on substrates
• Perform synthesis of zeolites/molecular sieves in autoclaves ranging following written SOP and established recipes.
• Carry out post synthesis modification of zeolites including calcination, ion-exchange, and catalyst preparation on as needed basis.
• Make observations during the experiments and report/discuss these observations with the researchers
• Document in detail all syntheses and post synthesis sample modifications in the Electronic Lab Notebook and shared drives, keep the notebook up-to-date with experiments
• Document and organize collection of samples for possible testing and evaluation in the future
• Follow all prescribed sample labeling requirements and follow the prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
• Use LIMS system to submit samples for chemical or physical analysis; Compile analytical data returned from LIMS, summarize results, and report to supervisor.
• Recognize when results are not meeting expectations. Either resolve minor problems through established troubleshooting techniques or advise the supervisor of these deviations.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel to catalogue and / or plot results and maintain Excel Summary files
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you @BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related discipline with one year lab experience OR 2 year Associates degree in Chemistry or related discipline with five years lab experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: RCC/ES-Environmental Catalysis Research-63023146
Title: Senior Technician
Requisition ID: 2000904