BASF Asset Effectiveness Engineer– Kankakee, IL in Kankakee, Illinois
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Asset Effectiveness Engineer (1804809) – Kankakee, IL
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a problem solver like you to participate in the development of capital and maintenance strategies to optimize asset effectiveness, ensure optimal life cycle costs, and improve equipment performance to achieve the business objectives. You will work with the Operation Maintenance Coordinator, Plant Reliability Engineers and Production Execution Managers to develop Maintenance strategies and plans to improve process performance.
Formula for Success
• Your strong analytical skills will be a valued asset as you manage the development, analysis, and maintenance of plant relevant Asset Effectiveness Key Performance Indicators, identify and manage planned and unplanned downtime strategies and drive reliability improvements. You will also be tasked with generation, analysis and action plan execution for Key Performance Indicators (Maintenance cost, First Time Right, Overall Asset effectiveness, etc.), identifying performance gaps and setting actions to correct and improve.
• Successfully engaging across the business, you will lead a cross functional team to develop the Critical Equipment lists, maintain ownership of the documents, and help promote Autonomous Maintenance and provide/coordinate appropriate level of training.
• Demonstrating your project management experience, you will manage capital projects designed to improve asset reliability and upgrade existing assets where replacement is a viable strategy. This will include coordinating implementation for EN operations capital projects and the capital strategy in collaboration with the Technology Manager and TES Manager.
• Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will develop plant and equipment maintenance strategies based on site and business goals. (e.g., critical equipment list, spare parts, and equipment monitoring to improve the plant reliability). Additionally, you will evaluate improvements to plant physical assets to minimize total cost of ownership in the assigned area, considering asset replacement, business priorities, and capital expenditures.
• Your commitment to workplace health and safety will be essential as you ensure compliance and completion of EHS related initiatives (Process Safety Management, Mechanical Integrity, Process Hazard Analysis, Responsible Care Management, Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Accident/Incident investigation) including Root Cause Analysis and Action Item follow up.
• Demonstrating your ability to work well in a team and build camaraderie with others, you will leverage your relationships with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator and Production Engineers to achieve unit and site goals.
• Leveraging your education in Engineering or another technical discipline and your experience in a manufacturing facility, you will drive lean initiatives across the process and manage the OPX Program for Plant and Utilities.
• Utilizing your strong business acumen, you will manage a defined budget and provide updates to the business on the budget and forecast.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: G-ENP/PV-Operations Pharma Solutions & NA-60002995
Title: Asset Effectiveness Engineer– Kankakee, IL
Requisition ID: 1804809