BASF Seeds Process Supervisor I Littlefield in Littlefield, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Seeds Process Supervisor – 2001177 – Littlefield, TX
Supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering. Will facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in "core skill" areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
Knowledge and Experience
• Maintenance and mechanical knowledge with experience in repairing and problem solving;
• Communication, math and computer skills;
• Organizational skills and ability to follow procedures consistently;
• The ability to be flexible or work rotating shifts;
• Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and ability to drive a forklift.
• Must be able to work at heights on an elevated platform or a platform lift.
• Able to provide direction to team members for task accomplishment.
• Have the ability to mentor new employees in facility processes.
• The ability to review documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Oversee day to day operations in packaging and de-linting plant;
• Maintain dryer temperatures and the monitoring of de-linting equipment;
• Sets and maintains gravity tables and seed cleaners;
• Manage the plant monitoring programs and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as they apply to the various processes of the facility;
• Operate and manage automatic seed samplers to make sure seed counts are accurate;
• Oversee day to day seed count and packaging operation in plant;
• Manage variety cleans throughout both plants to ensure they meet SOP’s;
• Have good housekeeping practices and follow safety rules;
• Monitoring quality of seed (Immatures, Cracks, and Seed Color);
• General repairs, baggers, treater, and palletizer during the season and during maintenance off season;
• Assist in all inventory counts of chemicals, bags, and raw goods;
• Assist in other areas of the site as needed or other tasks as directed by management.
• Operate and maintain all safety rules and regulations as set by BASF and plant management
• Review and confirm information reported is correct and accurate;
• Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform repairs accordingly;
• Lead team meetings for shift change, cleaning, maintenance, and regulatory topics.
• Communicate verbally or in writing to management status of production, project, or function.
C reate Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year experience in seed production, ginning, and seed conditioning or relevant farm/mechanical experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-APU/OO-Seeds & Traits Cotton Seed Supply-63021978
Title: Seeds Process Supervisor I Littlefield
Requisition ID: 2001177