BASF Technical Service Specialist - Southern California in Los Angeles, California
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technical Service Specialist (2001660) – Southern California
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the technical success of BASF’s automotive refinish products. You will maintain high quality customer service standards at some of the largest Body Shop organizations in the market through process development, correct application of products through teaching & hands on demonstrations and helping the sales team convert new business. You will work closely with the sales team to make sure our distribution partners are properly trained and can effectively sell and position our product offerings against competitive product lines. In addition, you will work with the Business Development and Sales team to ensure identified Body Shop KPI’s are achieved.
Formula for Success
· Your ability to collaborate for achievement will be essential while working within a team to accomplish goals.
· Leveraging your experience of either training or working hands on with Automotive Coatings materials, you will be required to train and develop our Body Shop and Distribution customers.
· Understanding Body Shop workflow, you will make process improvement recommendations that can be highly valuable to end users.
· Your ability to communicate effectively will help end users and/or distribution partners be more proficient in product application, selling and implementing new products and generating a positive experience with BASF branded products.
· Demonstrating your ability to learn and grow, you will work to elevate your professional experience while adding value to our customers.
· Utilizing Microsoft Office tools, you will be required to lead presentations that are focused on introducing new products to market and support a better understanding of BASF branded products.
· Your understanding of competitive products and tools will be a valued asset when participating in the technical aspect of the sales process.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN/RS-Sales / Marketing-63017626
Title: Technical Service Specialist - Southern California
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 2001660