BASF Administrative Assistant – R&D Field Operations in Lubbock, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Administrative Assistant – Lubbock, TX 2002037
This position is responsible to provide administrative support for multiple R&D Research Stations and multiple R&D Functions within those stations, primarily Breeding and Trait Development. The main purpose of the position is to assist multiple groups with procurement, safety, and other site management needs identified by site managers. This role would be expected to be familiar with policies, procedures and computer applications required at R&D Research sites.
• Support off-site reports of (Trait Development / Breeding) with transactional accounting
• Assist in organizing site tours for visitors
• Support with travel assistance to R&D field operations teams and expense reports
• Assist with procurement card reconciliation, transactional accounting with all invoices.
• Suggest improvements of processes to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of R&D procedures.
• Invoice processing using SAP P2P processes and Purchase Requisites created for Purchase Orders and Service Entries
• Maintain records, documents, procedures as needed
• Purchase and maintain departmental office supplies and inventory
• Monitor incoming/outgoing mail, phone calls, of site operation regarding preventive maintenance for R&D research sites
• Ensure compliance with all Government, Regulatory, QMS, (Bio)Safety and Stewardship guidelines
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP and other Procurement applications.
• Experienced with data management, e.g. familiarity with databases and data curation
• Individual should have good organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a
BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Bachelors degree with a minimum of 2 years office management experience OR Associates degree with 4 years of office management experience OR High School Diploma or GED with 7 years of office management experience
• Experience with SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: APP/DN-Field Trials - NA-63021810
Title: Administrative Assistant – R&D Field Operations
Requisition ID: 2002037