BASF Maintenance Engineer/Supervisor in Malcom, Iowa
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Engineer/Supervisor (1801837) – Malcom, IA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide direct supervision to the BASF Malcom maintenance team by developing and maintaining a high morale, cooperative, and satisfied work environment. In addition, you will serve as the primary point-of-contact between production and maintenance for all maintenance services provided to production.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in Engineering and your professional experience as a supervisor in an industrial plant, you will lead the development and execution of established maintenance goals.
· Your strong commitment to workplace safety will be a valued asset as you provide Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) leadership to technicians, and ensure they are aware of and in full compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
· By setting clear goals and vision for the maintenance team, you will ensure efficient use and sustainability of maintenance processes, including notification, prioritization, planning, scheduling, execution, and post-task assessment of effectiveness.
· Leading a cross-functional team, you will lead the development of a resource allocation schedule based on negotiated production-driven priorities.
· As a role model, you will drive the development of maintenance goals by coaching and advising team members in their daily performance as well as supporting their career development.
· Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will adhere to and participate in the development of long-term, sustainable maintenance strategies.
· You will be relied on to achieve significant improvement in safety, cost, efficiency, and employee goals by establishing and monitoring KPIs and the use of LEAN manufacturing tools to identify waste and drive continuous improvement.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will liaise with contract services and contractors and meet with representatives from production and maintenance to ensure optimal use of maintenance resources, and share maintenance best practices between BASF plants, both within and outside of N/PMN.
· You will manage mobile equipment on-site including training and maintenance required by OSHA and BASF for aerial lifts, forklifts, and front-end loaders.
· Your solid mechanical, planning, scheduling, and coordination skills will be vital as you maintain a dynamic Preventive Maintenance (PM) program to effectively keep equipment running at maximum uptime with minimum number and frequency of unplanned outages.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-PMN Performance Materials North America 60000012
Title: Maintenance Engineer/Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1801837