BASF Maintenance Technician Level I in Malcom, Iowa
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Maintenance Technician I - 2202099- Malcom, IA
• Responsible for maintaining, rebuilding, and repairing a wide variety of production, processing machines and equipment
• Strong mechanical skill sets, including welding, fabrication, and pipefitting skills
• General knowledge of electrical equipment, wire and component sizing, and electric meter usage
• Support non-production maintenance and repair
• Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, percentages) and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, volumes, and percentages
• Ability to lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty-five (55) pounds with or without assistance
• Ability to work a day shift Monday – Friday and work overtime as needed
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School diploma or GED
• 1 year of industrial experience
• Basic computer skills are required
• 2 years of experience in maintenance repair in an industrial environment
• Working knowledge of pumps, gear reductions, and motors
• Demonstrates ability to weld, read prints, drawings, and schematic diagrams
• SAP experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN/OSM-Ops PMU Malcom-63014125
Title: Maintenance Technician Level I
Requisition ID: 2202099