BASF Production Operator in Malcom, Iowa
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Operator- 1902121 – Malcom, IA
Formula for Success: You Will…
The Production Operator is responsible for all aspects of personal safety, product quality, and operating of the reactors. As well as, filling loading, and unloading systems and their auxiliary equipment such as blend tanks. The Production Operator will manufacture quality finished goods and manage raw materials in a safe and efficient manner. This includes running reactors, load/unload of tank trucks, railcars, totes, drums or pails as required. Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to:
• Perform batching in blend tanks and reactors
• Conduct visual inspection of operating equipment to determine current operating status
• Work from both verbal and written instruction of Contact Supervisor, standard procedures, batch sheet and loading sheets to operate reactors, as well as, filling and loading system
• Ability to effectively verbally communicate in a team environment with numbers of other functions or shift.
• Read, record and interpret data of instruments, reactors, tanks, pumps, etc. and makes corrective adjustments as required to efficient production runs
• Perform housekeeping to maintain production and operations in neat and orderly condition
• Contribute to the success of plant target and objectives through participation in activities to further advance safety, quality, cost, productivity and morale throughout the site.
• Become proficient at operating all production equipment with minimal supervision.
• participate in all required safety training and wear proper personal protective equipment when working in the plant area.
• Operator control systems in daily work environment.
• Perform light maintenance duties in the plant and/or warehouse
• Operate fork lift after appropriate instruction
• Ability to wear a respirator mask
• participate and use all LEAN Manufacturing Tools
• Understand and follow all procedures in the Big 5 (Safe Work Permit, Lock Out Tag out, Line Break, PPE and Hot Work) after appropriate instruction and training.
• Alignment of these tasks and activities will be dependent upon team alignment of duties, as well as product volume and schedule mix, which may affect specific tasks required on any given day.
• Initiate and support various team projects
• Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change
• Excellent communication skills
• Safety mindset
• Regular attendance and punctuality is required
• Applicants must be able to lift weights of up to 50 pounds
• Competencies of accountability and ownership
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, percentages)
• Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Malcom Operations-63004055
Title: Production Operator
Requisition ID: 1902121