BASF Seasonal Research Associate in Manitoba, California
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Seasonal Research Associate
Contract Duration – 4 - 6 months (Summer)
Location: Winkler, MB
Job duties include:
· Support a diverse crop protection research program and help develop cutting edge agricultural products for Canadian growers
Ø Assist with all aspects of executing small plot trials run at BASF research farms
Ø Seed, spray, evaluate, maintain, harvest and summarize plot results
· Work collaboratively as part of a diverse team of Research Associates, Biologists, Technicians etc.
· Gain experience in crop production, trial methodology, weed/pest identification and management, as well as chemistry and laboratory procedures
· Participate in internal and external research tours and plot visits
· Manage all aspects of an assigned research project and present results to a diverse group of key company personnel
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· Enrolled in or recently completed an agriculture science or related degree program (e.g. environmental science, biology etc.)
· High level of enthusiasm and a strong commitment to gaining experience and developing your skillset in field research and the agricultural industry
· Keen attention to detail and strong communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals
· A general understanding of agricultural practices and farm equipment
· Valid Driver‘s License
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-APN/ZV-Agricultural Solutions Canada-63026379
Title: Seasonal Research Associate
Requisition ID: 2001950