BASF Maintenance Mechanic in Mauldin, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Mechanic - 1800802 – Mauldin, SC
Safely and efficiently maintains, trouble-shoots, repairs, and installs plant instrumentation, electrical, stationary and rotating equipment for all areas of the plant in an effort to improve reliability and minimize production downtime. Works with direction from supervision as necessary to perform highly accurate work. As a member of the Maintenance Team, required to interface with all departments including: Engineering (Process and Project), Operations, Logistics, and the Laboratory.
• Work in a safe manner, thus preventing injury to self or others and in compliance and strict adherence to site and company policies and practices
• Respond to plant reliability problems and needs during weekends and "off" hours, including the use of a cellular phone.
• Install, maintain, trouble-shoot, and repair industrial fixed, rotating, electrical, and instrumentation equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, and instrument transmitters.
• Maintain utility equipment such as boilers and cooling towers through chemical treatment, testing, etc to provide reliable utilities for the safe and efficient operation of the plant process equipment
• Demonstrate initiative, have excellent attention to detail, be results oriented and customer focused
• Possess good communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a team environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve goals.
• Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, construct, and install stationary equipment such as piping, valves, and relief valves to eliminate and prevent leaks of potentially hazardous materials
• Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, and install both centrifugal and positive displacement pumps to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment
• Utilize piping and instrumentation diagrams, connection diagrams, tubing diagrams, specifications and installation procedures to install, calibrate, diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of process control instrumentation systems
• Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand a distributed control system to perform detailed preventative maintenance procedures to verify interlocks for OSHA Process Safety Management processes
• Follow the maintenance process requirements, which includes utilizing the maintenance management software (SAP) to identify equipment problems, obtain parts, document findings, track personal labor hours on jobs, capture repair history, etc.
• Utilize P&ID’s, and equipment records to perform efficient and accurate work. Also assists with the maintenance of this technical information.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Associates degree in a related maintenance field (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics, etc), OR high school diploma or GED with minimum of six years experience in a related maintenance field (maintenance mechanic, instrumentation technician, etc).
• Basic working knowledge of industrial fixed, rotating, electrical, and instrumentation equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, and instrument transmitters.
• Basic computer skills.
• Must be capable of routinely walking, standing, and climbing a ladder to repair and maintain equipment. Must be capable of lifting and walking with weights up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Maintenance, repair, and installation of industrial equipment in a chemical plant is preferred.
• Use of hand tools and power tools
• Familiarity with engineering codes and standards preferred.
• Welding experience with stainless steel and carbon steel piping
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Requisition ID: 1800802