BASF Entry Operator in McIntosh, Alabama
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Operator, 1900744 – McIntosh, AL
As an Operator Technician in McIntosh, AL, you will work from written and verbal instructions to safely manufacture products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Operating equipment, monitoring performance, and taking appropriate corrective action to ensure safe and reliable operation
• Operating both automated and manual equipment
• Unloading and receiving bulk raw materials into system
• Recording operating data/plant status, catching samples, interpreting results and responding with the appropriate adjustments to troubleshoot the process
• Ensure proper handling of waste materials to meet all local, state and federal regulations. This includes proper management/elements of hazardous waste including storage, (90-day and satellite waste accumulation), shipment, and proper disposal practices. Required training will be conducted initially within 6 months of entering the production unit and annually thereafter.
• Performing designated SAP transactions
• Performing Emergency Response functions as an active member of the site's ERT
• Performing and be responsible for all unit functions that are necessary to maintain safe and efficient operations, for which he/she is properly trained and capable of performing, including but not limited to maintenance work and the loading and unloading of tank farm materials
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to determine measurements, make calculations and read various instruments, gauges and meters
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Process Technology Degree or Associate's Degree with no experience required OR minimum 10 years operating experience within a chemical process environment
• Experience in a PSM regulated environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EVP/OM-Technical Services-60001314
Title: Entry Operator
Requisition ID: 1900744