BASF Instrument/Electrical Technician in McIntosh, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Instrument & Electrical Technician – McIntosh, AL (1804088)
The position is responsible for supporting the production operation by maintaining instrumentation and electrical systems in good working order. The work must be done in a safe and efficient manner and demands attention to detail. The position requires a collaborative approach involving multiple levels of plant operations and maintenance personnel, and the successful candidate must have excellent troubleshooting, communication, and listening skills.
Primary functions include:
• Use a handheld communicator, field testing equipment, and bench testing equipment to commission, troubleshoot, configure, calibrate, and test all types of industrial field instrumentation and control system I/O.
• Locate, read, and understand technical drawings such as Piping and Instrument Drawings, instrumentation drawings, and electrical drawings.
• Work with operations and technical staff to resolve recurring instrument and electrical problems.
• Use the instrument engineering software to look up and print specification sheets and view process data.
• Use a variety of additional tools and equipment such as drills, grinders, manlifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts.
• Read and understand programs for Modicon and Allen-Bradley PLC’s.
• Work in SAP including:
o Convert a notification to a work order.
o Look up, modify, and create Bill of Materials.
o Order storeroom items against a work order.
o Charge time against a work order and enter malfunction codes.
o Create purchase requisitions.
• Perform electrical work on 480V systems and below including
o Resetting electrical gear.
o Electrical disconnects.
o Troubleshoot and test electric motors.
o Troubleshoot and repair robotics systems.
o Troubleshoot and repair lighting systems.
o Troubleshoot, program, and replace VFD’s.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• Minimum Associates degree in Instrumentation/Electrical OR I&E Certificate with two years industrial I&E technician experience
• Intermediate computer skills including using e-mail and MS Office Excel and Word.
• SAP experience
• Experience working with PLC’s
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EVP/OM-McIntosh Site Administration-63020750
Title: Instrument/Electrical Technician
Requisition ID: 2102990