BASF Electrician in Mcintyre, Georgia
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Electrician – 1901515
Formula for Success: You Will:
This position will provide expertise to the maintenance team to maintain electrical systems and equipment. Maintains a primary focus within maintenance, but can work with engineers and other such technicians/mechanics/engineers across the site to seek the best practices for electrical installations
• Provide direct assistance in the troubleshooting of electrical system problems and initiate the repair.
• Interface with electrical vendors for maintenance and other related activities.
• Monitor Motor Control Center and equipment reliability and performance.
• Maintain a high level of technical expertise on electrical systems and standards.
• Work with the Team to generate cost savings ideas that reduce the Total Cost of Ownership
• Communicate daily with Plant Maintenance supervision and production personnel regarding work tasks related to maintenance of electrical systems.
• Will be required to keep current on electrical sytems and IEE regulations as it relates to plant engineering and maintenance.
• Interface with Operations, Engineers and Production Supervision. May also deal with vendors and outside engineering resources
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills.
• A good understanding of working within the rules of safety and environmental policies.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of experience in Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical field OR an Associates Degree with 2 years of experience in Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical field.
• Relevant experience in Operations, Engineering, or Maintenance in the chemical industry or other manufacturing environments.
• Experienced in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of one or more of the following: electrical devices, electrical supplies, field instrumentation, control valves, process analyzers, process control systems.
• Ability to read and update electrical and instrument documents such as schematics, specifications, control diagrams, P&IDs, and one-line diagrams.
• Good working knowledge of manufacturing plant equipment and technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: EVI/KO-Global Kaolin Operations-63021652
Requisition ID: 1901515