BASF Product Bagger/Loader ( Middle Georgia Operations) in Mcintyre, Georgia
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Product Bagger/Loader – 1801488 – McIntyre, GA
• Operate a forklift to move product.
• Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions (hot /cold/rain, etc)
• Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot machinery
• This position reports to applicable Area Leaders and Contact Supervisors, and is primarily responsible for loading bagged or slurry kaolin orders to the proper weight and to customer specifications for shipping in railcars, trucks, and containers.
• Physically demanding job duties include stacking 50 pound bags onto pallets or into railcars, trucks and containers, as well as manually moving railcars to loading docks.
• Position also requires incumbents to ascend and descend steps, stairs and ladders, write legibly, hear accurately and reach overhead.
• Position requires daily interaction with computers specifically SAP and Microsoft Office.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School diploma or GED
• 1 experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment or other relevant environment
• Ability to perform repetitive, physically demanding duties lifting 50-60 pounds
• Strong Mathematical comprehension
• Ability to work rotating shifts, days and hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Product Bagger/Loader ( Middle Georgia Operations)
Requisition ID: 1801488