BASF Environmental Specialist - Virtual in Mississauga, Ontario
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure environmental compliance, reduce environmental risks, develop flexible operating permits, and drive continuous improvement of environmental programs BASF Canada locations, while ensuring that we have and maintain a license to operate federally and in all provinces.
Maintain compliance at 3 rd Party locations handing BASF products on behalf of BSF Canada
Track new/revised regulations, advocate BASF Canada, Responsible Care® and sustainability positions with agencies, interpret requirements, assess impact, develop and implement strategies while providing training and communications to impacted communities/locations
· Ensure programs are in place across Canadian sites to identify applicable governmental regulatory requirements and manage compliance, including required reporting, using the company’s Environmental Management system, in order to maintain BASF’s license to operate
· Monitor applicable environmental regulatory changes across Canada and provide comments to regulators that align with BASF/Responsible Care® positions enlisting trade associations (i.e. CIAC) support as necessary
· Identify, track, report and drive improvement on environmental key performance indicators.
· Provide strategic direction to site and EHS leadership on environmental issues / opportunities
· Develop and implement training programs across cross-functional teams in manufacturing, internal and external environmental functional areas
· Participate in project reviews and change management processes to ensure environmental issues / opportunities are identified and acted upon
· Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices across the EHS Environmental organization
Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor of Sciences or Master of Science Degree in Engineering or Science
· Professional Certification in Environmental Health and Safety preferred
· Must have at least 5 years of Environmental regulatory experience
· Experience in development and submittal of environmental permits
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment a strong plus
· General working knowledge in other EHS areas a (Occupational Safety preferred)
· Expertise in Canadian and Provincial Environmental regulations (i.e. Air Quality, Noise and Water)
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong computer skills (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point, MS Access)
· Strong skills related to leadership, teamwork, interpersonal relations / communications, customer focus, influencing/impact, work management, and results-orientation.
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: NCU/S-EHS Site Services-60000255
Title: Environmental Specialist - Virtual
Requisition ID: 1904002