BASF IT Senior Project Manager- Mergers & Acquisitions in Mississauga, Ontario
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as one of Canada's Best 100 Employers in 2021 and was honored as one of Canada’s Safest Employers Award. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
IT Senior PM Mergers & Acquisitions (2200105) – Mississauga, Ontario
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As Senior Project Manager you will support BASF growth strategy by leading projects in the area of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and new sites focusing on Information Services to enable business solutions. You will lead cross-functional, cross-regional project teams throughout project phases in a global environment.
These will range from complex projects to small programs, and you will oversee them in every project phase from initiation to close, taking responsibility for them being delivered on time and in budget, scope and quality. To that end, you will support the assessment of the requirements to operate a company in the BASF group and develop integration/divestiture scenarios. Furthermore, you will develop other project managers, which you will contribute to through coaching.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Partner for the sponsor and other stakeholders to deliver the project successfully
Understands and lead project with focus on business targets
- Be responsible for delivering complete project in time, budget, scope and quality
- Drive delivery model considering BASF Digital Services strategy targets
- Lead large cross-functional, cross-regional project team throughout the project phases in a global environment including teams outside BASF Digital Services
- Take responsibility to setup project organization, identify relevant roles and staff the project team
- Adhere and enable project process compliance. Support project approval process and be responsible for the achievement of project stage gates, including status and financial reporting
- Be responsible for change request management during project execution
- Establishment, continuing development and realization of project change and communication plans
Additionally, the senior project manager:
- Contributes to the development of other project managers through coaching
- Can support early consulting and develops/enhances relationships with the operational divisions and corporate functions
- Can also exercise their role in the context of very large or complex programs as workstream lead/sub project manager or rollout manager. The responsibilities then apply in the same general sense and are tailored to fit the area of responsibility.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Masters degree / University degree / University of Applied Sciences degree (Information Technologies, Business IT, Business Administration) or corresponding completed vocational training with several years career experience in various assignments (project management, business consulting, etc.) as well as additional education.
BASF business knowledge, e.g. process know-how and culture
- Should have a PMP Certification or similar (PMI, Prince, etc.)
- Functional knowledge either as IT solution architect in the area of infrastructure or applied SAP process know-how as consultant/rollout manager is a plus
- Must have at least 5 years professional experience in project management
- Should have experience in the area of mergers & acquisitions projects and be familiar with overall IT challenges and dependencies
- 2-3 years experience as business consultant or general business experience
- Excellent knowledge of project management processes and methods
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, leading teams to success
- Demonstrate customer focus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate for achievement
- Strong organizational awareness
- Developed conflict management skills
- Strategic thinking
- Fluent language skills in English (written and spoken); an additional business-relevant language is a plus
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ITSE - Information Technology & Services
Organization: GDA/BC-RBPS NA Canada Mexico MidWest-63009551
Title: IT Senior Project Manager- Mergers & Acquisitions
Requisition ID: 2200105