BASF Tax Analyst (12 month contract) in Mississauga, Ontario
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Tax Analyst (12 month contract)- 1903755
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual, with a Bachelor’s degree (or in-process of obtaining one)
in finance, business or economics, to support our Regional Taxation Team. This is a temporary assignment opportunity, requiring full fourty hours per week for a period of 12 months. This position is based in Mississauga, Ontario and will is responsible for performing a variety of tax functions – both Canadian income tax and sales tax matters.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Corporate Income Tax Responsibilities:
· Assist in the preparation of Corporate tax returns and Corporate tax provisions
· Assist in the preparation of Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax incentive claims
· Prepare working papers to analyze intercompany cross border transactions and lead preparation of T106 tax filing
Indirect / Sales Tax Responsibilities:
· Lead monthly sales tax preparation, filings and analysis
· Perform in-depth review of sales transactions and vendor payments for correct tax applications
· Assist in correction of sales tax errors on BASF invoices; monitor and assign taxability of BASF products
· Respond to sales tax inquiries from internal and external stakeholders including contacting customers regarding the tax audit billings
· Provide assistance in responses to sales tax and withholding tax audit queries from tax authorities
· Lead internal sales tax recoveries
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or economics (or in-process of obtaining one).
· Previous internship/co-op experience a plus
· Eagerness to lean and an outstanding work ethic
· Ability to manage multi-tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
· Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Flexible, ambitious and adaptable to change
· Passion for establishing process improvements and implementing best practices
· Proficiency in MS Office, specifically in Excel where an individual must demonstrate strong data analysis skills and comfort working with large volumes of data (i.e. Pivot Tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, etc)
· SAP experience is an asset
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: TAFI - Tax & Finance
Organization: G-FLT/ON-Tax Canada-63018776
Title: Tax Analyst (12 month contract)
Requisition ID: 1903755