BASF Quality Assurance Supervisor in Orange, California
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Quality Assurance Supervisor 1802705 – Orange, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF’s PMN business is the leading supplier of Polyurethane Solutions for systems, specialties and PU basic products. With its global network of 39 polyurethane system houses and its comprehensive product and service portfolio, it is the preferred partner of its customers in many industries.
We are seeking a safety conscious, dedicated, energetic, team oriented individual to become part of a dynamic work environment contributing to a successful Polyurethane System business.
For further information about the Polyurethane System business in North America, please visit http://www.polyurethanes.basf.us/
We are seeking a professional like you to work with and lead a team of scientists on multiple sites working on characterization and testing of Urethane testing to support product, process and technology development, and customer applications. You and your team will collaborate with research groups, global and regional analytical centers of excellence, technical development groups, and business and manufacturing groups. You will play a key role in facilitating cooperation and communication across different sites and functions.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your extensive academic background in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering in Polyurethane chemistry, or related scientific degree, combined with your industrial and/or academic research experience, you will provide expertise for the Quality control of the Orange Manufacturing laboratory by engaging in product, technology, process development, and problem-solving in manufacturing and customer applications.
· Leading a cross-functional team of technicians, you will coach and develop the team by providing technical training and structure-property know-how in utilizing and developing existing and new analytical methods.
· Your strong knowledge of Urethane characterization techniques will be a valued asset as you provide technical expertise in product applications.
· Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will identify and define new technological opportunities to meet current and future market needs.
· Successfully engaging across the business, you will maintain close communications with management and business partners to ensure successful identification, prioritization, and execution of technical projects.
· Your strong commitment to quality improvement initiatives will be evidenced by your ability to apply both fundamental principles and creativity to address technical challenges.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-PMN Performance Materials North America 60000012
Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1802705