BASF Shipping Technician in Orange, California
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Shipping / Maintenance Technician - 1901985 – Orange, CA
This role is responsible for personal and team safety, product quality, and execution of Packaging and Shipping responsibilities to meet production orders and shipments on their assigned shift. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Operating bagging, box filling, and bulk loading operations
• Loading and unload trailers
• Verifying receiving and loading documents
• Operating the rework transfer system
• Operating the railcar raw material transfer system
• Conducting routine safety and equipment inspections
• Perform equipment preventive maintenance activities
• Participate in team activities in support of plant improvements
• Perform inspections of plant equipment and safety devices
• General maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of plant instrumentation and equipment
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 year of forklift experience
• Experience with weighing, conveying, and packaging operations
• Experience trouble-shooting and identifying deficiencies
• Experience in a production environment
• Experience with/exposure to machine set-up, safe equipment operation, and product quality
• Basic computer knowledge, including MS Office suite experience with Word, Excel and Outlook
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Business Mgmt PU Systems-63006653
Title: Shipping Technician
Requisition ID: 1901985