BASF Site Asset Manager, Palmyra, MO in Palmyra, Missouri
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Site Asset Manager (1805173) – Palmyra, MO
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to ensure the required target performance achievement of a very large and complex asset base at our facility in Palmyra, MO. This position resides within our Agricultural Products Division.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please visit:
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Formula for Success
· Your unwavering commitment to compliance will be essential as you ensure that all asset-related activities are compliant with the company Responsible Care Management System and all statutory regulations, and that relevant asset management systems, procedures, and standards are followed to maintain compliance at all times.
· Developing and leading the Site Asset Management strategy, you will work to ensure that operational assets achieve target levels of availability and performance through effective maintenance strategies, performance monitoring, bad actor management, and utility efficiency improvement, whilst maintaining technical maintenance costs within target levels.
· Demonstrating your strong awareness of equipment performance within production, maintenance and engineering teams, you will develop and lead the effective determination and communication of strategic maintenance service requirements for Operations to achieve production plans and performance targets.
· Leveraging your education in an Engineering discipline combined with your experience in an engineering role within the chemical industry, you will ensure the effective implementation of the change management process for all site assets, including the initiation of plant modifications and capital projects, and represent operational interests through implementation when required.
· Leading and managing the Asset Management team, you will ensure a competent and motivated group that delivers strong performance and continuous improvement.
· Your strong troubleshooting and diagnosis capability will be a valued asset as you provide technical leadership and managerial support to the Operations and Maintenance teams for effective equipment performance diagnosis. You will also ensure that all required equipment technical documentation is in place and up-to-date.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: APT/AH-HAN Site Management-60000936
Title: Site Asset Manager, Palmyra, MO
Requisition ID: 1805173