BASF Process Technician in Pasadena, Texas
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Process Technician (1900817) – Pasadena, TX
The Process Technician is responsible for supporting the safe production at the Pasadena site. This role is responsible for operating and maintaining production facility during the assigned shift, and assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high performance team-based organization.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work from written and verbal instructions to safely manufacture products.
• Operate equipment, monitor performance, and take appropriate corrective action to ensure safe and reliable operation.
• Operate both DCS and manual equipment.
• Record operating data/plant status, catch samples, interpret results and respond with the appropriate adjustments to troubleshoot the process.
• Assure proper handling of waste materials to meet all local, state and federal regulations.
• Perform designated SAP transactions associated with managing raw materials, production and maintenance.
• Perform Emergency Response functions as an active member of the site’s ERT.
• Perform miscellaneous duties including routine maintenance, lock out of equipment, and issuance of safe work permits.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a process technician in a chemical, refinery, or similar manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating Dupont shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various departments.
• Demonstrated ability to determine measurements, make calculations and read various instruments, gauges and meters.
• Prior experience as a DCS board technician (Honeywell preferred).
• Prior experience as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
• Prior experience working with both batch and continuous processes.
• Familiar with LEAN concepts such as 5S.
• Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
• Experience in completing small routine maintenance tasks.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CPN/OP-Pasadena Site-60001873
Title: Process Technician
Requisition ID: 1900817